Governor Whitmer has stated that golf courses in Michigan will be allowed to operate in a walking-only fashion until at least May 15th. With that being said, we will be opening for the 2020 season this Friday, May 1st at 9:00 am. However, due to Covid-19, the Pro-shop, Par Pub, and driving range will be closed, with the exception of restrooms.
We are encouraging everyone to book and pay online via our website (www.golftheloaf.com), or call and pay over the phone. Our number is (231)-228-2040 for golf reservations and other inquiries.
We are taking the following steps to ensure everyone’s safety:
- The pro-shop will be closed with the exception of the restrooms. Only one person per restroom at a time.
- If you walk on, you will still be required to pay with a debit or credit card. (curbside)
- Our staff has been instructed to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer often. We have also instructed our staff to practice social distancing and avoid areas where others are present.
- Starting Friday, and continuing until further notice, we will have a local rule in place allowing players to utilize preferred lies in any bunker.
- All rental clubs and pull cart sales suspended. You are however permitted to bring your own.
- We have removed all ball washers, tee-markers, yardage stakes, trash cans, and water coolers on the golf course, so please plan accordingly.
- Please do not touch or remove the flagstick.
- If you find someone else’s ball, club, or other belongings, please do not pick it up. You may call and notify the pro-shop, and someone will be out to safely retrieve it.
- The current executive order, however, does not prohibit a golf course from arranging for an accommodation for a golfer with a disability who requires one under state or federal law; confirmation of and arrangements for any such necessary accommodation must be carried out with the course in advance, online, or by phone.
Please respect the 6ft social distancing standard at all times duringyour visit to The Old Course.
Hopefully, these practices will be temporary. The most important thing is for us to keep you, and our employees, safe and healthy. Please be courteous to all you encounter, let’s make this a walk not spoiled.
We look forward to seeing all your familiar faces soon!
Thank you for your patience and for your loyalty.
– Kris Wakeman